What information we collect
When you use our websites or services, make a donation to us, engage with us on social media platforms, or communicate with us directly, you might provide us with personal information, such as: your name, all or part of any shipping or billing addresses, email address, phone number, credit card number, social media user names or other unique identifiers, or other information that combined together could be used to identify you. We might also make note of other information about you, such as your personal style, interests, and product purchases.
Although you can visit our websites without giving us personal information about yourself, we may track and collect anonymous information about your usage, including: the Internet protocol address from which you visit our site; browsing information including sites you visit before and after visiting our site; and other usage data from your browser, mobile phone or other device including location data), which we may combine with other information. If you have signed on to our website or service when this information is collected, it may be associated with other personal information you have provided to us.
Our websites and services are not directed to children under 13 years of age. If we discover that we have retained personal information from anyone under 13, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers and the servers of third parties that have received information from us.
What we do with the information we collect
We collect information about you, and may need to share it with third parties, for the following purposes:
- Processing your donations and other transactions. Your name, address, email, purchase details and preferences, and credit card or other payment information might be shared with fulfillment providers, product delivery and shipping services, credit card processors, and other similar third parties, only as necessary to complete a transaction and improve the quality of your donations and purchases.
- Providing customer service and marketing information. We might share your personal information and preferences, not including credit card details, with third party customer service management and marketing providers to assist us in: refining the services we offer to you according to your style and preferences, responding to your inquiries, providing service updates and promotions, and improving our services overall.
- Providing tailored advertising based on your interests. We might work with service providers to place advertising on other websites that might be customized for you based on information about your visits to our websites and services as well as your activities on other sites and services over time, whether through Internet browsers, mobile apps, or other platforms. That information might include your name, address, location, social media username, email address, and product and service interests. When you voluntarily interact on social media sites and services regarding our products and services, your activities are subject to the policies and terms of those platforms.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, contractual obligations, or subpoenas or orders by enforcement authorities. We might share information about you to government, law enforcement officials, or appropriate private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or to protect us, our customers, or third parties from illegal, unauthorized, or unethical activity.
If we or third parties to our knowledge will use your personal information for purposes that are not in line with these practices, we will prominently disclose these other purposes and indicate what choices you have in that additional use. For your security, we adhere to the U.S.-EU and U.S.-Switzerland Safe Harbor Privacy Principles. Third parties having access to information about our customers from the European Union (EU) or Switzerland either: adhere to the U.S.-EU and U.S.- Switzerland Safe Harbor Privacy Principles, are subject to EU or Swiss privacy laws or another adequacy finding, or are bound by nondisclosure agreements or other contractual arrangements to provide privacy protection for your information.
Your Privacy Rights
You will always have the following choices regarding the information we collect, which you may exercise by contacting us at email@example.com, or by logging in to your online profile with any of our sites or services, if applicable:
- You may update, correct, or remove the personal information that you provide to us.
- You may unsubscribe from our emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included at the bottom of each email.
- You may opt out of future disclosures of your personal information to third parties. When you order products or services from us, you agree to the information collection activities described above under “What will we do with the information we collect – Processing your purchases and other transactions.” However, with respect to our other activities you may contact us at any time to stop the disclosure of your personal information to third parties.
- You may refrain from engaging with third party advertising or marketing services outside of our websites and services. If you interact with and provide your personal information to a third party promotion service that leads you to our websites or services, we can make no representations as to how your information is handled before it reaches us. It is your responsibility to be aware of the policies of such services, and to choose whether and how to share your personal information accordingly.
If you visit our site or service using a browser with “Do Not Track” settings, we cannot guarantee that our data collection practices and those of our partners will accommodate your preferences.
Security and Data Storage
We work with trusted third parties that take steps to secure customer information, including technical and administrative measures to safeguard the personal information you provide, and that use encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive personal information such as payment information. We periodically review our security processes to ensure that they comply with our standards. However, various security breaches, such as viruses and hacker attacks, may be out of our control. In the event of a data breach, we will notify you in accordance with applicable law about how your information might be affected.